Tips for driving this festive season with CMH Mazda Durban
The joys of the festive season are upon us. Many of us will go or are already on vacation. CMH Mazda Durban hopes that you and your precious cargo are safe when embarking on your journey by following these helpful tips for driving this festive season.
- Always obey the rules of the road and carry your driver’s license with you.
- Plan your route and allow yourself enough time to reach your destination.
- Ensure that your vehicle is in a roadworthy condition before leaving for your road trip. Make sure that your lights, indicators, windscreens, windscreen wipers, brakes, steering, shock absorbers, exhaust system, and tires are thoroughly examined for faults.
- Do not load your vehicle beyond the maximum load capacity recommended by the manufacturer.
- Avoid driving after dark when possible.
- Ensure that you are well-rested before you embark on your journey.
- Take safety breaks every 2 hours or 200kms to have a rest. Stretch and take a small walk.
- Do not consume alcohol while driving.
- Try to recognize potentially dangerous drivers and pedestrians alongside the road and keep well clear of them.
- Be visible while driving by doing so with your lights on.
- Ensure that you and your passengers are always using your seatbelts.
- Do not exceed the speed limit of the road you are traveling on.
- Only overtake when it is safe to do so.
- Maintain a safe following distance from the vehicle in front of you. Increase the following distance at night, in rain, and foggy conditions, and when the road is wet.
- Avoid distractions while driving such as texting or phone calls with the phone in your hand. Rather set up Bluetooth and answer calls hands-free.
- Be courteous towards fellow road users.
- Know your emergency numbers – when you need assistance, kindly call the following numbers:
CMH Mazda Durban hopes that you follow these tips and have a safe holiday.
T’s & C’s Apply