Holiday Safety Travelling Tips for a popular time for travelers. However, the wintery weather and extensive travel time can present certain safety hazards that you should be aware of before taking your trip. CMH Mazda Randburg has compiled a few tips for safe holiday travels to consider while planning your trip this year:
Holiday Safety Travelling Tips:
- Brakes and Clutch: It is extremely unsafe to drive a vehicle that is uncontrollable when braking. If your brakes sound like they’re squeaking and scratchy or they’re shaking, get them changed immediately.
- Fluids: Make sure you check car fluids from time to time, including windshield washer fluid, brake fluid, transmission fluid, coolant, and oil.
- Battery: Check your battery, a dead battery means your car won’t start, possibly leaving you stranded in an unsafe place or situation, even worse late at night.
- Dashboard Warning lights: When you turn on the ignition, all warning lights should flash on momentarily. As soon as you note a warning light that stays on, get it checked immediately.
- Tyre and pressure tread: It’s important to always use a tyre gauge to check your tyres rather than relying on having a “look-see”. Pay special attention to the dashboard tyre-pressure warning light if present. Low tyre pressures waste fuel – rather save that money for cocktails by the pool.
- Lights: Test all your lights, indicators, brake lights, and fog lights one by one.