The joys of the festive season are upon us. Many motorists will or have already hit the roads to go on vacation. Make sure that you and your family are safe with some helpful tips for driving from CMH Mazda Durban.
Tips for driving this festive season
Before heading out on a long trip
- Bring your vehicle to CMH Mazda Durban for a complimentary holiday check to ensure it is functioning as intended.
- Make sure that each tyre has an adequate tread of at least 1mm, your spare wheel is in good condition, and you have all the necessary tools to change your tyre.
- Ensure that you have a reflective triangle in your vehicle and a good-quality flashlight that you can use to warn other motorists.
- Check your windows for any chips or cracks and have them fixed before your trip. Ensure that your window wipers are functioning to the best of their abilities. If they are cracking, change them immediately.
- When driving long distances, try and have a support driver with you. You should stop at least every 2 hours and stretch your legs. Stay hydrated and switch drivers every few hours to stay focused and prevent fatigue.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is illegal and extremely dangerous. Be cautious of other drivers.
CMH Mazda Durban hopes you follow some of these tips for driving during the festive season and stay safe.
Visit us at 109 Monty Naicker Road, Durban Central and one of our product specialists will gladly assist you.